The Guild sends out email through five different categories: 1) nearly monthly Newsletter, 2) news and event reminders in Weekly Public News, 3) Classifieds, 4) Member News, and 5) Guild Business. Detailed definitions are at the bottom of the page.
Which of these you receive is controlled in your “My Account” page (under the For Members menu after you log in) in a pair of settings on the “email prefs” tab.
To change which emails you receive:
1) Login and click on “For Members” then “My Account”
2) Click on “Email Prefs” in the list on the left
If you never want to hear from the Guild you might uncheck the box but we assume you joined for a reason, so don’t do that. At least keep the “Guild News” and the “Newsletter”
To unsubscribe from an email category click the x in front of its name.
To subscribe, click in the Email Lists box to the right of the visible buttons and a list will appear. Choose the one you want to add.
Subscribing/unsubscribing from PNW Glass Guild Public Email Lists works the same way.
3) When you are finished click Update Email Prefs
Anyone can subscribe to the Public Emails (Newsletter and Weekly Public News). Initially members are subscribed to them both by default.
Those who are not members can subscribe to the Newsletter alone or add Weekly Public News if they wish more timely reminders of events. If there is no news pending for a list on its regular publication day (currently Tuesday), no email is sent.
- Newsletter: currently quarterly, may increase but to no more than 1 per month
- Public News: weekly announcements and reminders of Guild events like General Meetings, Play Days, Gathering of The Guilds etc. plus some member-submitted events like the Fusers Group.
Members can subscribe to the three other categories, and are automatically added to the first two when you join.
- Classifieds: people fill out a form on the About>Contact page to tell members about glass-related things they are looking for or selling: Customers looking for custom work or repairs, students looking for teachers, retiring glass workers selling supplies and equipment…this can come out as frequently as once a day. Right now we get a submission about once a week.
- Guild News: information restricted to Guild members like the location of the Summer Picnic and Holiday Party, zoom instructions for events that require membership etc.. This is not envisioned to be used often.
- Guild Business: Not everybody wants this so you are not automatically subscribed to it. It’s for sending Board Meeting agenda and minutes, committee activities, and other Guild operations info. Subscribe if you’re interested or if you are volunteering in Guild operations.
Members: ALL the available email categories are controlled in your “My Account” page. We strongly prefer that you manage your email subscriptions from your My Account page on the website rather than using the link “Update Your Preferences” at the bottom of our emails. In particular, you should never change your email address from the Update Your Preferences link at the bottom of the email as it will make a tangled mess (and not even change your email address in your Guild membership data).
You are automatically subscribed to receive the first four email categories during registration and you may want to subscribe to Guild Business if you are a volunteer.