We’re always looking for volunteers. If you have an interest in helping the Guild and glass in our region thrive, please contact the person in charge of something that you have the skills to help or want to learn more about.
You can forward your message to the proper person with this form.
Planning Committee: plans and coordinates Guild events
Lead: Lyn Kennison
Gathering of the Guilds, Portland: Virtual, April 30 to May 31, 2012
Co-Chair Serena Smith: (applications, publicity and finance)
Co-Chair Sharon Dunham: (general and pre-show arrangements)
Vendor Fair: October, Portland
Cancelled 2021, T0 be Determined in 2022
Open Studios, Portland: September 18-19, 2021
Glass And Decor Studio Tour, Seattle: October 16-17, 2021
Guild information team
- Guild Business posts: President, Lyn Kennison and Secretary Pat Bracknell
- Guild News Posts: NEEDED
- Guild Minutes and other Guild Documents: Secretary Pat Bracknell and Past President Mitzi Kugler
- About the Guild Mission, Goals, Board, Committees, and History: various Board members
Website Team: keeps website functioning smoothly. Untangles glitches, trains editors to post, helps visitors and members interact with the website
- Webmaster: NEEDED, details here
- Web-Help: user support such as help with training, Members’ Gallery, writing Website Help
have 1: Karen Seymour, 2 or 3 additional volunteers NEEDED
Membership Team: coordinates membership and member benefits, convinces people to join at events.
- Membership Chair: NEEDED
- Sponsorship Chair: Linda Gerrard
- Mailchimp Audience Manager (bounces and unsubscribes) NEEDED
- FB Members group moderator: NEEDED
Marketing Team: helps get the word out about current Guild events including keeping the public face of the website current.
- Newsletter team: Greta Schneider, Rae Williamson, Sharon Dunham, Karen Seymour
- Home Page editor: NEEDED (Karen Seymour is backup)
- FB page: Serena Smith:
- Guild Events postings: Sue Merritt (Stephanie Johnston is backup)
- Member-Submitted Events postings: Stephanie Johnston
Communications Team: coordinates the flow of information from forms to the proper email campaigns to reach members and the public. This includes forms for classifieds, member-submitted events, as well as Zoom information.
- Communications Chair: Charlene Fort
- Classifieds postings: Charlene Fort (Stephanie Johnston is backup)
- Responding to form requests: Charlene Fort
- Member-Submitted Events form: Stephanie Johnston
- Mailchimp Communications Manager (keeps campaigns going out smoothly): NEEDED
- Zoom Manager: NEEDED
Education Team: helps inform people about how glass is made and helps members share information between glass artists at different levels of experience so we can all learn from each other.
- Glass Arts pages writers: NEEDED
- Guild-sponsored class coordinator: NEEDED
- Play Days coordinator: Lisa Guerrero
- Posting videos (YouTube): Carlyne Lynch
- Posting reviews of events: NEEDED